Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body,green tea is indeed one of the most powerful beverage available.
Apart from improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer, it has many other incredible benefits too.
Some important benefits of a rich organic green tea are:
Bioactive Compounds That Improve Health-Green tea is loaded with polyphenols such as flavonoids and catechins, which are both powerful antioxidants.
Some of the Antioxidants in Green Tea Can Lower Your Cancer Risk-
Cancer is basically uncontrolled cell growth. It is well known that oxidative damage contributes to the development of cancer and that antioxidants can have a protective effect.
Observational studies show that people who consume green tea on a regular basis are significantly less likely to get various types of cancers.
Green tea drinkers had a 48% lower risk of developing prostate cancer and 22% lower risk of developing breast cancer, which is the most common cancer in men and women respectively.
A study of 69,710 Chinese women found that green tea drinkers had a 57% lower risk of colorectal cancer.
Green Tea Can Protect Your Brain in Old Age–
The bioactive compounds like – catechin in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease in humans and a leading cause of dementia.
Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease and involves the death of dopamine producing neurons in the brain.
- Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance- Green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate, in human controlled trials.
Another study among healthy males showed that, when given green tea extract, fat oxidation increased by 17%.
So, a big yay for those who want to cut upon that belly fat.
- Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection-Catechins can do more than just fight against disease, however. Some studies have shown that they can actually kill bacteria and inhibit viruses, which can, in turn, lower your risk of developing infections.
Studies show that the catechins in green tea can inhibit the growth of streptococcus mutans. Green tea consumption is associated with improved dental health and a lower risk of caries.
Not just this,multiple studies show that it can reduce bad breath also.
Surely! I can cheat upon my mint now.
- May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes-This disease involves having elevated blood sugar levels in the context of insulin resistance or an inability to produce insulin.
Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
According to a review of 7 studies with a total of 286,701 individuals, green tea drinkers had an 18% lower risk of becoming diabetic
- Help You Live Longer- Death is an inevitable phenomenon.
Yet green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.
- May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease- Studies show that green tea can improve some of the main risk factors for Cardiovascular diseases like total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Green tea also dramatically increases the antioxidant capability of the blood, which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, which is one part of the pathway towards heart disease.
Given the beneficial effects on risk factors, it is not surprising to see that green tea drinkers have up to a 31% lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- Anti-aging Benefits
Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
The polyphenols in green tea help neutralize harmful free radicals, which can cause significant damage to the skin and accelerate the aging process.
So, it’s a big yes I have a hot mug with me right now.
**DON’T EVER MIX MILK WITH GREEN TEA, IT DIMINISHES ITS ANTIOXIDANT
BLOGGER – Dr. Rachana Maurya